Summer Days Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern
Summer Days Washcloth
Free Crochet Pattern
To receive an ad-free, low-cost version of this pattern, you can buy it on:
You will love the ease and breeze of the Summer Days Washcloth Pattern. Made using Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Cotton! Yarn (Aqua), you will be thrilled with how this #4 weight cotton yarn is so soft & not stiff like other cotton yarns. Instructions are easy to follow.
I like to use 2 – 3 different stitches in one stitch a lot of times. It is a nice, unique play on just regular SC, HDC, & DC.
With this pattern you will SC, then HDC twice in the same stitch.
Skill : Easy
Size: 9″ x 9″ (without border)
Gauge: 9 SC = 4 Inches
Hook: G/4 (or size needed to obtain gauge)
Yarn: 1.65 oz. I Love This Yarn Cotton (Aqua Shown)
• CH: Chain
• HDC: Half Double Crochet
• SC: Single Crochet
• SK: Skip
• SS: Slip Stitch
• ST: Stitch
• CH 1 at the beginning of each row does not count as a stitch.
• You should be putting your SC in each new row in the SC of the previous row.
• SC/HDC/HDC = In one stitch, Single Crochet (SC), Half Double Crochet (HDC) twice.
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook. SC in each remaining CH. Turn. (36)
Row 2: CH 1. SK 1st 2 SC. SC/HDC/HDC all in next SC. *SK next 2 SC. SC/HDC/HDC in next SC.* Repeat from * to * across. Turn. (36)
Row 3: CH 1. SK 1st 2 ST. In next ST, SC/HDC/HDC. *SK 2 ST. SC/HDC/HDC in next ST.* Repeat from * to * across. Turn. (36)
Row 4 – 27: (Or until dishcloth measures approximately 9”) Repeat Row 3. (36)
• Do not turn work.
• CH 1. SC in last HDC made.
• Crocheting down longer side of washcloth, put 1 SC in each row. In each corner, (1 SC, CH 1, 1 SC).
• Continue around entire cloth. SS in 1st SC made.
• Weave in ends.